Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday

So, I got done working my mid, and my boss forgets his cell phone at home. Mind you we have a brand new employee, which I have not been briefed about as coming to work today. She calls and asks Boss to come get her, she's waiting at starbucks. She said she tried to call him but it had gone straight to voicemail. So, I hang up with her, and try myself. Mrs. Boss answers his phone, from home. Mind you, he's already enroute to work, but we just don't know when or where. So, I go down to get newbie and bring her up my self. Finally Boss shows up and I go home. I met this guy to purchase a planer to use at the Mineral house. Got it for $125. Supposedly we will be able to make wonderful door jams with such item. I guess they are like $400 new, so my bargain shopping has paid off once again. We always tease DH that he puts on his yamika whenever entering a store. Our meaning of this is being married to me.....he has become a jew aka cheap bastard. Sorry but it's the truth.

Marcus is such a charecter. He is a high school buddy, that I didn't know all that well, but always liked. He played FB with Jim, my h.s. sweetheart. He lives out here with his boys and is divorced but dating. Living vicariously thru him, we have many laughs about relationships and what comes of them. He makes me laugh, and me, him. It's been nice to be back in touch with him. I will hopefully get to see him sometime soon!

Speaking of getting in touch with h.s. peeps, the only reason I'm on here is because of Athea. She has always made me laugh, as her laugh is intoxicating. Reading her blogs always make me feel satisfied in knowing what is going on in her life. Also, JPod has been blogging on myspace, and is also keeping me up on his life and tribulations. It's cool to hear what the hell is going on with all of us hicks, wherever we might live.

Today has been a pretty lazy day. I slept til about 3pm and made some phone calls, checked out stuff on the computer, then put the dishes away. DH was at work til about 9pm and then ordered pizza and got his new HDTV hung, with the help of our friend Lawrece. It is lovely, I must admit. They talked about work stuff, and I ate my pizza and talked to my Aunt from Edmonton. She called to give me the update about our family. She recently had a holiday visit to peeps in chicago and indy. Good time was had, but she commented she is understanding more and more my stance with my Dad. In case you don't already know, I have had a tumulcherous relationship with my Dad since my mom died. But, as of late...he has made some really horrible and rediculous decisions, and I cannot partake anymore. He has hurt my feelings, and doesn't seem to care one bit. I try not to waste any more time, pondering how things SHOULD be. It's a waste of time.

Have to take DH to the eye DR tomorrow, sam's club,grocery store, and misc other whatnot . Then, big sister and bro-inlaw land on Thursday. We pick them up around noon....then it's time to begin the liver punishment for the weekend. I'm having a 25th wedding anniversary party for them and my brother, KC and Andrea that live out here. Only about 1/3 of the people invited are actually coming, but fun will be had no matter. That is something, these days. It's not always been pretty, but they've made it, and for that, I'm pleased!

I got my confirmation of our house rental in Hilo, today. Happy about that. It has a pool, is oceanfront, and has wireless. KC,DH,myself, and mother in law will be partaking in the island in Feb. CANNOT WAIT!
I guess that's all for now.....I am going to bed! Later Gater

1 comment:

Aleea said...

I am so glad you are on here. :) Love to read about your life too!!