Sunday, May 4, 2008

whew

What a whirlwind week.
We spent our days off in Mineral working some more. DH got all the knobs put on the cabinets in the kitchen, the last of the counter tops installed, added the backsplash and wine rack and caulked the sink. We kidnapped my brother and he was a good supervisor. He wasn't able to do too much labor due to having his knee surgery the weekend before. It was just nice having him there. We picked up the sand packer thingy (yes, that's the techie term ;) ) to level and pack the sand, then we laid 1x1 pavers as the garage floor. You ask, why go thru all of the labor, rather than pouring concrete? Well, about $4K was saved by doing it our way. Same result, just hard work for us. It turned out wonderfully, with the help of our friends Josh and Mike. I made lunch for 7 men in my new kitchen, and I was very proud. The other guys were the ones that built our garage, they've moved onto making our deck. They are just good ol' boys, like from back home. The type you immediately have a good time with and trust the hard work will get done in a timely fashion. They rock. DH stayed down there for the weekend while I came home to go to work. He is off for 2 weeks+/- due to him starting his new diabetes medication. He has been staving off the inevitable for about 4 years now, and he can't do it with just his diet anymore. At least he's not having to do the shots of insulin. (at least not yet). He says today he is already feeling better. Softball will be Tuesday, then out for drinks with our friends and then, I'm sure, back to Mineral for our weekend. I think I will be heading back to Indiana May 26 thru the 29th...I will give more detail, when it's known...but you have my numbers too. I will call when I have definant itinerary. I really hate staying with my parents any more. My dad and I just don't get along, and it's stressful on my mom....so we'll see where I land. UGH.. Back to work..new bean is actually doing pretty good. It must be his trainer ;)

No comments: