Monday, January 28, 2008

PARTAY!

so, my family is leaving today. That makes me sad. It sure was fun to have them around. The party for their respective anniversaries went off with out a hitch. Had alot of fun, food, and the booze was flowing. Which reminds me, people have asked me what are my strongest pet peeves....I would have to say that when people say they are going to come to my parties, and then don't show up nor have the decency to even call me.....THAT PISSES ME OFF. Do people have any concept of the effort it takes to put on a shindig for 15+ people? Let's not even mention the financial aspect of it all, having and preparing enough food and have it all come together when it's all still hot to eat. JESUS. Grow a set, have the cooth, call it what you want...pick up the FUCKING phone, and let me know. At the very least. Or, how about you just show up like you said you would?!!!! Ok, off my pedestal.
Matt, my oldest nephew came down from Seattle. Always a treat to see him. I told my sister, Sarah, that she HAD to drink with me. I wanted fun bobbie Sarah, not lamo. She gets on these kicks that she's gonna be "healthy", and not partake in her party mode. ie...she smokes when she drinks and then feels like shit the next day. So, she did, and we had a hoot. Got many pictures and some hilarious ones at that.
DH took various people out in my new car. He likes to share things like that. I think he gets a kick out of peoples reactions. I got an '01 Audi TT. It's alot of fun to drive, and it snowed this morning, so being all wheel drive, there wasn't much trepadation in driving it!
MS and I have to go to the girlie doctor on Tuesday. She is also in love with the TT, being a former owner. She's all excited to ride to the DR. Mind you, she's one of those girls that will cancel her DR appointments at the first opportunity. Thus, I'm dragging her with me, so she can't back out. We can't have any ankle biters showing up and screwing with our plan! LOL. I will be the good friend and hold her hand, while they shove crazy plastic things up our vajj's.
I'm at work now, get off at 2pm and then have to come back for my mid shift tonight....11p-7am. Monday's suck. I'm tired, so it should be a good nap this afternoon.
Just got word that my uncle died. We weren't extremely close, but he and my step mom were. I'm sad for her. He just died in his sleep. He married about 4 years ago and just had a son, that's like 2 or 3. Crazy how fast it can just be "light's out". That's always a good reminder. Tell people you love them.
That's it for now....buhbye

No comments: