Tuesday, February 19, 2008

at a loss

So, I must say...talking to Athena today, was an absolute HOOT. She is a friend from back in the day, growing up in good ol' Indiana. She is still just as hilarious as ever. She has been my push to keep this going.
I spoke to my sister on Sunday night. She is not doing so well, and she won't help herself, so I don't know how to. I just have to let it go and hope she gets her head outta her ass. My grandma has been staying at my parents house. The doctors can't seem to get her BP under control. I think she went back home yesterday, but need to call mom to get the update. She is 87, (I think) and still has some spunk left in her. I'm not giving up yet.
Work has been interesting. I have been training a woman, that has absolutely no air traffic experience. She is taking a little longer than expected, but she still might get it. We'll just have to wait and see. One of the things she needs to work on is her voice. She is a very sweet, meek by nature, woman. So having a commanding voice is a chore for her. She says to me "how did you find your voice?". I said.....I'm just a bitch...it comes naturally. She and I both laughed until we cried. She likes the fact that I give her no break with the critiquing. I let her know when she's screwing up, and it seems to be taking. The other person she has been training with, has had some difficulty, and frustration. So, now she's with me.
DH is doing well. His mother goes home on Thursday. It is nice having her around. She is very helpful and easy to be around. Her husband, booked her ticket. Now, mind you, he's not doing the flying, so he could give a shit less if she stops in every fuckin state along the way to Pennsylvania. He got the cheapest fare though, DAMNIT. She goes Seattle, Billings, Minneapolis, then to Pittsburgh. I would rather slit my wrist the wrong way and bleed out than to do that routing, but she says she fine with it. Who am I to argue. I would kill DH if he pulled some shit like that...LMAO
Looking for a house to buy in Hawaii has been exhausting. We've only just begun (it's ok to break into song, I did!)
The arguement is with DH. He wants to be his Jewish ass self and get the most house for the money with nothing but croakie frogs around for entertainment. I told him, that if we plan on using the house as a rental property, that he will have to budge on the location and have a view with restaurants, grocery stores....with in a 10 minute drive. I don't think that's asking too much. I want those items when I'm on vacation. I think it's only fair to offer it to others. He is a freak of nature, as to being a red head, therefore HATING the sun/surf. I told him he has to think exactly opposite, to make people happy if he wants the damn thing rented. He has a thick skull.
Anywho, that's it for now, I'm bored with myself....I won't keep on. Later
PS...I just found this posting....fuckin HILARIOUS> and true http://www.theangrypharmacist.com/archives/2008/02/yes_the_world_hates_poor_peopl.html

No comments: