Friday, February 15, 2008

BACK

Hello all, I'm back from paradise. HI was AWESOME. We arrived without incident. Took MIL to Pearl Harbor during our 5 hour lay over in HNL. Great weather and easy. While boarding in HNL to KOA, I saw this guy talking to another guy that I recognized. Come to find out, it was an old aquaintance from my CLE Continental days. He was a pilot, and by me working in operations, I pretty much knew all of them. I talked to him on the plane and we got caught up. (well, it is only a 25 minute flight). He was heading over there with his fiance and in-laws to get hitched. His fiance was lovely, and I hope they are happy!
We got to our place in KOA with the help of our GPS. Pretty easy once we did it once. Nice place and had a rental car from hell. We ended up exchanging it the next day. The poor thing had been beaten to DEATH! After the exchange, we were on the road again. Seeing and investigating what ever we could. I was ready for some pool time, so the next morning/aftnoon that's what I did! We went to Hilo, Pahoa, investigated the volcano, went 4x4ing thru the lava fields, stopped at pleanty of coffee orchards, fruit stands and looked at many houses and areas to try and figure all that out. We climbed to the top of the mountain, 13,800+ feet and saw the telescopes and snow. What a beautiful experience. I didn't get altitude sickness, but KC and DH did a lil...so we quickly headed down. Pleanty of pictures on my myspace page if you are interested. DH and I are going to go in halvsies with KC and Andrea for a house over there I think. Many things have to be worked out but, that's the plan.
Back to work yesterday, it's been nothing but problems with our equipment. My boss isn't doing much about it, and it's been going on for weeks. I have the blood hounds both here at the Port, and with the FAA on it now. Sick of things not getting done. Can't stand, won't deal with it! Fuck em'
MIL is still here, leaving to go back to PIT on Thursday. We'll see what the weekend brings....nothing major, that whole work thing just gets in the way. Hope you are all well!

No comments: