Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm Back

Well, Sara and I made it back from Cancun (CUN) unscathed, besides 3rd degree burns. We had such a wonderful time! It was really nice having her all to myself. No kids, husband, just us. We had many many giggles, drinks, meals, and fun time. The hotel was the Grand Real Resort. Beautiful, all-inclusive property, but pretty inpersonal. Food was descent and the drink was good and flowing! The staff pretty much just went about their business. My previous experiences have been very different. I did get to see my friend Alian, but had very little time with him, as he was on duty entertaining his guests at his hotel. We went out both nights, and had a hoot for ourselves laughing and dancing our butts off. It was the beginning of spring break there, so there were drunks, tits, and fights.(pretty much in that order). We LAUGHED and had a ball at others expenses....all night. good times, good times. The flights were good and we got first class from IAH to CUN and return. But, the longest segments....we got stuck in the middle seat. UGH. Long damn flight! Sara was very happy to be home to see all 4 of her babies! hubby and children! I was greeted well too. DH missed me too I guess.
Britt got here today. Arrived without incident! Went to lunch and I had to come to work and DH is on vacation all week, so he took her to KC and Andrea's for dinner. I have a short work week, so I can have some time with her.
DH got allllll of our new stuff moved down to the other house while I was sunning my ass in CUN. I just have to get some curtains purchased, so we can set up all of our stuff, so we don't get ripped off while we aren't there. He is looking forward being able to have some time down there for R&R. The overtime calls are coming just about every one of his days off now. We knew this day would come. Did you hear about the near mid-air collision near PIT? Just a matter of time, that all of these new hires with the FAA will kill a couple of planes at a time. Mark my words my friends....we will have at least 2 mid-airs, by 2010. Stupid fucking government can only REACT to their poor planning rather than be PROactive to aleaviate it all together. The tracon, where DH works, is already understaffed, getting pay cuts, and required to have a dress code, (you care what the fuck the guy in the dark radar room is wearing don't you?) & are also expecting 8 people to retire. (eligible) Now, on the basis of SEA, it takes the average controller about 2-3 years to check out on all positions. Now, they are hiring these stupid fucks off the street with no experience, who don't even KNOW what the difference is between a 737 and a 777. Yep, that should work out spendidly. Especially the guy that is actually trainging him! He's worried about paying his bills, putting his kids thru college, and teaching the dumb fuck with the IQ of 2 to work airplanes and follow rules that he doesn't understand. I WON'T BE FLYING IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS!~
Ok,so off my soap box. It has been neatly tucked away....I am getting back on position, so I can teach my dumb ass paddle one learner.....so much for street sense

No comments: