Friday, March 14, 2008

Sherpa's visit

Ok, I know I know....I have sucked at keeping up at this lately. I have had absolutely NO time. Sara and I got back from CUN onThursday night...1am and Britt got here the next day at noon. Do the math...not condusive to blogging. I'm sorry, don't hate me.
Our visit with Brit was alot of fun. Lots of giggles, and crazy talk about school, expectations, and family. I think she has decided to move out here as soon as she graduates from IU next year. It's time for her to branch out and get a feel for life as an adult. I found out many facts about her life as it stands now, and they don't make me happy. We have offered her to move in with us, we will give her my subaru to drive and she will go to grad school....somewhere...info to follow. We did visit the UDUB campus in Tacoma and looked up a bunch of info as far as residency, and where we'll stand with that. I'm just glad she is branching out. We went downtown on Wednesday. Went to Pike market and to the space needle. We did get to see a movie being filmed at Pikes Market. Supposedly called Traveling. Jen Aniston, and Martin Sheen and Aaron....somebody. One of the ladies giving out samples of the fresh fruit, yelled" it's not a party with out a pineapple". Britt and I howled. That was definately a highlight to that day. Too funny! WE proceeded to go to KC and Andreas for BBQ of various meats. About 4 lbs worth by the end of it. Fresh Halibut,pork roast, and many different weiners/sausages and steak....yummy ! DH had a good week working on the house, playing with my brother KC, and getting some chores done. We now have a "living room" at the mineral house. We have the TV, couch and rug installed and will be getting a dish and DSL next week. It's becoming usable and that make DH VERY VERY happy. He also put a wad down on a garage, that permit permitting, should move forward in the next 2-3 weeks. It will be glorious to be able to have a place to store all of our shit, tools, and whatnots. KC and Andrea sold her dad's caddy to my cousin...Anna. She picked that up tonight and is pleased as punch. We told her she has to be the ladies' pimps next year for the pimp and ho. That car is PERFECT for that!
Here is my joke my friend sent to me today....laughed my ass off! ~~How to use the rebateAs you may have heard the Bush Administration said each and every one of us would now get a nice rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs, if we purchase a computer it will all go to India, if we purchase fruit and vegetables it will all go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala, if we purchase a good car it will all go to Japan, if we purchase useless crap it will all go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.We need to keep that money here in America, so the only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes and beer, since those are the only businesses still in the US. ~
Just getting ready to finish my last stint on position here at work. The boss finally got rid of the trainee I have recently spoke of. She just wasn't getting it. So, back to square one, again.
Jake, my nephew, is in NYC at the basketball playoffs. I sent him on a friends buddy pass, and it makes him look all professional with his boss'. They were happy he took the initiative to cover and write for them. He is a sports writer for a paper in Northern Indiana. He seems to be doing very well at this it. He defiantely makes me laugh in his blog.

Well, back to the grind. I hope this finds you all doin ok.

No comments: