Saturday, May 31, 2008

wow

I am sooo behind on this it's crazy.
With that said, I will only hit the hilights and move on.
The work BBQ...very successful. I couldn't believe that a couple of the controllers actually showed. It wasn't for very long, but at least they did. We had a great time visiting, stuffing our gullets and having many a libation. Good times.
I did make it home to Indiana too. I ended up non-reving, and ended up on earlier flights than I had planned. It was lovely. My flight landed in Chitown about 945p and I was at my parents house (with a couple stops enroute) by 1am their time.
I wasn't too sure / convinced that I wanted to stay at my parents house. I did manage to make it thru the 4 days without killing my father. I do like pretty girls and all, but Bertha in jail, makin me her bitch isn't exactly what I have in mind. The triplets turned 3 and we had a couple of parties for them. Their personalities are getting as big as they are. They are gorgeous children. I did get to have some alone time with my nephew Bradlee too. He is 4. He likes to play trucks, play DR, and watch videos. He is quite the little lover boy, and very very happy. My brother is doing a great job raising him. God knows he hasn't had it very simple. But, with all that, it DOES take a village these days, and all four of these kids, that rings true.
I got to see the Old Republic house in New Carlisle. They redid this house and it is stunning! nice job. I got to see some parents that were a very big part of my life growing up. It was a good visit. Grandma came to lunch with us. She has been in and out of the ER alot these days, and I am not sure what to make of it. I can't figure if she is starting with dimentia, or if she's being lazy, or if she is just done fighting. But, she'd better let us know where she stands....cuz if she ain't done fighting, she better get on the ball with taking her meds. This situation is sooooo frustrating for me, because I am a doer...and noone back there is. It's almost like they just expect things and information to fall in their lap. UGH. No patience coming from this broad. We all went out on wednesday. Met at our local mexican watering hole. I got to see some of my friends that I have not see for 15+ years. Jenny came with Sharkboy, and although it was shortlived (he fell asleep), it was soooo good to see her. Kenny and Andy came too. Oh my GOD. I cannot even explain to you all the history with these two clowns, but it absolutely made my trip to see them. Andy and I had a stint of being interested with each other, but the timing was always off. We still have a great connection, and I just love him. He's a great father and friend. He is a very special guy. Kenny is as well. That guy can make me laugh like no other. He's so genuine. I wish I could have met his wife. She sounds pretty terrific too. Then, Jessica and I headed out to meet up with our usual clubbing crew and went to fever and main st pub. Late night, early to rise so I could drive to ORD for my flight. I ended up getting home 5 hours earlier than planned, so that was nice. Back to work, and life. DH got his blood sugar and pressure figured out. He seems to be doing well, and not quite as cranky. He is just soooo awesome. Mom leaves on Friday, and then the wedding festivities start over the weekend. THAT is gonna be a party. Can't wait. I never thought I'd see the day for Cynthia, but here it is!
Hope this finds all of you well!

No comments: